Thursday 21 August 2014

Pineapple Oolong

pineapple oolong from DavidsTea

Ingredients: Tie Kwan Yin oolong, pineapple, apricot, and natural flavouring


Honestly, I thought that this tea was going to suck. (pretty sure that's why Laura gave me her sample of it - so she didn't have to try it... the fiend!)

This tea really surprised me.
Now, it's nothing to get me jumping up and down and screaming to the heavens like milk oolong, or raspberry oolong (if we are sticking with a fruity oolong theme), but I actually liked this tea. It's unique, and if you love pineapple, DEFINITELY don't skip buy this one.

You get a perfectly even balance of everything... if you add a pinch more Tie Kwan Yin like I did. LOOK at that sample I got. There was practically NO tea, so I used some of my plain Tie Kwan Yin and added a couple leaves. Is that cheating? I would imagine that if you got a couple grams from the store you wouldn't get so shafted on the tea - so I did not cheat. I didn't.  ... maybe a little... I made it FAIR!

But I digress... the apricot smooths out the pineapple, removing all acidity, and the tea is still the major contributor. Like I said, I am very impressed. Give this a try, you may be just as impressed as I was. And it is priced around the same range as the average tea in DT's collection.


Happy Steeping,
~K


It's like a tropical adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!