Thursday 15 May 2014

Blue Lagoon

Blue Lagoon from DavidsTea

Ingredients: Candied pineapple (pineapple, cane sugar, citric acid, sufur dioxide), blueberry, lemongrass, elderberries, cornflower, natural and artificial flavouring. Contains sulfites.


Well, "SULFUR DIOXIDE" did not make me feel comfortable reading as an ingredient in my tea... but I do this for you, dear readers.
UPDATE: Apparently it is a preservative... a SCARY sounding preservative. 

 



Very interesting colour. In the dark it looks BLUE.
The entire spring collection smells like alcohol (at least when dry) to me. Is that weird, or does it have something to do with the ingredients? WHO KNOWS. It smells like blueberry liquor. I'm not entirely keen on blueberries, though sometimes they surprise me... and I really don't like lemongrass... This is a play-by-play, don't expect a positive review, is what I'm saying; I have no idea what to expect.

Like with the peaches and cream, the scent is very strong, but I have my doubts as to the strength of the tea. Even though I did steep it for the longest recommended time (DT's times I take as a guess more than instruction).


Surprisingly, the strength is fine! AND I am not repulsed by it like I honestly expected to be. It's not jump-up-and-down fantastic or anything, but there is something about it that makes me nod my head in quiet appreciation.

The lemongrass is smooth and lemony, and you can really taste the blueberry and elderberry! It's a little like the blueberry candies from those fruit basket candies you get from the quarter machines at like... swimming pools and what have you.

This would be really nice iced, I think. It's very different, and that is refreshing as well. It isn't often that you find blueberries in tea. And blueberries are super good for you!

This is something worth trying to get your hands on as least a sample of. Go out of your comfort zone, like I did, and it just might surprise you!


Happy Steeping,

~K


PS.
Sorry I write so much sometimes. I hope no one minds!
I love treating this more like a blog-y, thought-process type thing than a "HERE ARE THE FACTS" kind of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!