Thursday 2 January 2014

Choconut Oolong

Choconut Oolong from DavidsTea
Ingredients: Cocoa husks, cocoa beans, oolong tea, black tea, liquorice, natural hazelnut flavouring, artificial cream, chocolate and caramel flavoring.


I haven't much to say about this tea.... It tastes exactly the way that it smells, which -to me- was awful. But I think that is because it reminds me far too much of coffee. Which was disappointing because DT got me all excited when they claimed it tastes like a certain hazel nut spread, without naming any names, but you get my drift (hint hint nudge nutella)

The mild flavour of chocolate and the not-so-mild flavour of hazelnut was not missed... but the nutty-ness made it so bitter that I found it more reminiscent of coffee than tea. And unless it is mixed at least 50:50 with hot chocolate, coffee and I have never gotten along; not for a lack of trying, either.

However, if you are a fan of both, I definitely suggest giving it a go. It could be your thing.


That wraps up the Winter/Holiday collections for this year (if I missed something I'm going to feel so stupid).
Over-all, besides White Chocolate Frost blowing my mind, I was a little under-whelmed. But not every new tea can be a success.




Happy New Year and Happy Steeping,

~K

2 comments:

  1. This was my favorite tea on the face of the earth. Sadly, I have run out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of it and I can't stand it.
      I have a totally sealed bag. I should do a give-away haha

      Delete

Comments, questions, or suggestions!