Tuesday 28 January 2014

Ceylon Star



I'm going to preface this review by saying I hate licorice flavored things.
Star anise is licorice flavored.
Star anise is the main flavor in this black tea.

I'm sure you guys can see where this is going.



I steeped the 1.25 tsp to 1 cup boiling water for 5 minutes. Just as the directions told me to do. Because I AIN'T GOT TIME TO BE WILD.

It smelled exactly like star anise. No surprise there! I mean, that is it's main feature. It tasted okay; much better than I expected, but too much like licorice for me to even really enjoy it. Even though I could taste the black tea, it wasn't enough to overpower or cover up the star anise at all. And I wouldn't WANT it to. My personal tastes should not dictate every single tea that has ever been made.



I don't like licorice flavored things. But some people do. And for those people who do, you will love this tea. In fact, you would probably sell your soul, or the soul of your children, for this tea if you like licorice flavored things.

So carry on my licorice loving readers, enjoy Ceylon Star for the licorice-y tea that it is.

This tea, as pretty as it is, is just not my cup of tea!  Haha. Ha. Get it? IT'S A SAYING AND I WANTED TO USE IT SHUT UP DON'T JUDGE ME.

TTFN

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!