Tuesday 15 October 2013

Sweet Indulgence: Glitter and Gold

v

Let me preface by saying Blogspot was being a dick when
it came to photo placement. I had to settle on where they are right now.
If anyone has any tips, please leave them in the comments.


Ah, Glitter and Gold. This was my first time having this tea, and it was a fairly good pot.

Because the instructions say 1.25 tsp per cup, and I was making a 4 cup pot, I used about .75 tbsp for my pot.
Next time, I'll just go with a full tablespoon, see how it tastes and if that .25 tbsp makes any difference.
Then I steeped it for approximately 5 minutes. Before steeping, it smells like vanilla candy, with a hint of clove.

Once steeped, you can absolutely smell the tea leaves.

Also, you can see a very slight glitter/iridescence from the gold sugar candy that's in it once it's brewed. Especially once I got to the very end of the pot.
Or at least I could. Maybe I'm crazy though.

Let me know in the comments if you can see it to? Verify my sani-tea.
Ha. Haha.
DO YOU SEE THE PUN? DID YOU LAUGH?


Aaaaaand back to the review! 
I tasted this tea four ways: Black, with milk**, with milk and sugar***, and with just sugar.

When it was black, it definitely tasted a little like it smelled, but the tea really did come to the forefront. It was nice, but it felt like it was missing something. Almost misleading.
With just milk, it just kind of made it bland. It was okay, but just...blah and boring. When it was milk and

The best, for me, was when I just added some sugar in (per 4 cup pot it was about 1 tsp). It added that extra sweetness it was missing, while not killing off any of the flavors.

You could almost compare it to a very mild version of Sugar and Spice.

In the end, I really did enjoy the tea. I really enjoyed an iridescent cup of tea, but I prefer Sugar and Spice. And for that reason, I'm not going to get any more Glitter and Gold once my sampler runs out. 
sugar it was basically boring but sweeter.


BONUS MULTI REVIEW:

As promised, here are the mini-reviews for the free tea I got from the Welcome Wagon Bridal Expo!

Earl Grey x2, Peppermint, Jasmine, and Tamayokucha



Two Leaves Tea Company Earl Grey:
You can tell there isn't as much bergamot in this tea as in DavidsTea just from the smell.
It has a more bland taste compared to DavidsTea Earl Grey as well. It just doesn't grab my by the heartstrings and make me want to switch from DT to this.







Premium Tea Earl Grey:
This less fancy looking one actually smells a lot more appetizing. Alas, still kinda bland compared to DT!



Two Leaves Tea Company Peppermint:
Holy cannoli does this smell of peppermint!
Flavor wise, it's a nice peppermint tea. If you want peppermint tea, that is also organic, this would be nice.



Two Leaves Tea Company Jasmine Petal:

Man does this smell of jasmine! It's got an okay flavor, but it's almost SO STRONG it's like inhaling/drinking perfume. I forgot to take a picture of it sooo...here's the empty bag.

Two Leaves Tea Company Tamayokucha:
I have literally never heard of this type of green tea before.
It smells like a very basic green, and tastes like a very basic green.
It is fairly yummy and not finicky when it came to steeping.







Skål and Shine on!
-L

**All milk is skim milk
***Raw Golden Sugar


IF YOU HAVE ANY TEA YOU WOULD LIKE REVIEWED, LEAVE A COMMENT AND WE WILL SEE WHAT WE CAN DO.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!