Thursday 31 October 2013

Stormy Night

Stormy Night from DavidsTea
Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, chocolate (cocoa beans, sugar, cocoa butter, ground vanilla bean, ancho chile, nutmeg, Ceylong cinnamon, salt, allspice, clove, chipotle chile), cinnamon, coconut, vanilla. With natural vanilla flavouring. Contains dairy.

Yowza. That is a big space taken up for ingredients. Granted, most of it is for what is in the chocolate, which makes me curious to taste a piece. But it's an organic tea!

Posting early for Halloween... yay!! 

I chose this tea because I'm writing and tasting it for the first time on Halloween, and Davids was actually advertising it as a Halloween special kind of deal (which ended yesterday, even though TODAY is halloween... uhhhhh okay, whatever. ) 
I am sipping away at the first tea with chocolate I have ever tried while waiting for trick-or-treaters to take away all my precious candy...


Looks kinda yucky when it's steeping. Halloween like???


Stormy Night. When the little blurb says "hotter than an inferno", well.... not really.
Many ingredients, simple flavour. I honestly was not expecting it.

It DOES say that the tea is smooth, and it certainly is!! Very smooth cinnamon, with (too much) coconut, but the chocolate you really have to focus on to even get a hint of flavour of on your tongue. And my spoonful had a lot of freakin' chocolate in it!!
But. I really do have a thing for a super smooth cinnamon flavour. I just wish there was less coconut (it works, but there is just SOOO much). Almost a weird... cider-y quality to it. Very different from anything else I've ever tried.


~Off topic a bit... Is anyone else sick of all the COCONUT in nearly every one of DavidsTea's teas?! PLEASE. STOP. We don't want it!!~

Ahem.

To conclude... This tea has it's good qualities, but it is weak, so definitely be generous when you scoop. And if you don't like coconut, RUN. RUN AWAY!
It's not anything special to me, so I'll just stick with what I have and be done with it after... Maybe adding some cinnamon would help.


It's not a very Halloween-y tea... but there you have it.


Happy Steeping!
And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!