Saturday 5 October 2013

I Met Our Mayor!

If you live in Calgary, AB Canada, you'll know that the mayor of Calgary, AB is pretty much like a celebrity. He was well liked before the Alberta Floods of 2013, but after his popularity soared. Mostly because of how amazingly he handled the entire situation; and how...well..let's call it honest, he was about certain things.

During the flood


Other reasons he's liked?

He supports the LGBT community, and goes to the PRIDE parade, and he's a total nerd.

"Mayor Who"









On Friday, October 4th (yesterday) I got to meet him! I was super excited! I admit, I fangirled a lot just a little bit.

Yes someone taped a picture of his face over Superman.

I'm not the only person in his fanbase though.









If you guys read our Facebook group, you'll have seen the picture I posted from when I tweeted Nenshi asking if he liked tea, and the fact he took time to respond to a question that was quite random and completely irrelevant to him being the Mayor of Calgary.



Well, when I met him he asked my name. After I told him, I was like "Do you happen to remember that tweet about whether or not you like tea?"

He said yes.

This picture is of that mini-conversation. (A shout out to my mom for capturing that moment)

I basically was fangirling on the inside

When the city celebrity says they remember a random tweet from a month ago, you get pretty hyped!

Afterwards my dad asked me if I asked him about tea.
My dad knew what I would do...my addiction may be obvious to others now!

But honestly, he's super nice and funny and a great speaker.

My one regret? I fangirled so hard I forgot to ask him what his favorite tea was! Which is something I really wanted to know!

If you're wondering about the hard hat, it's because he was at a ground breaking for my moms work. They are building a new building and he was invited and he came. 

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!