Friday 18 October 2013

Black Jasmine Pearls

Black Jasmine Pearls from DavidsTea



Ingredients: Organic black tea pearls from Hunnan Province, China, scented with jasmine blossoms


You would not believe the size of these balls!
But seriously. These are giant pearls, at least compared to the dragon pearls I reviewed some weeks ago. You could play marbles with these... if you knew how to play marbles, who knows how to play marbles?!


I used two pearls in my steeper (I don't want to call it "my 'the steeper'", that sounds stupid).
I left it for the suggested time, expecting to see a black tea kind of liquor (I hope I'm using that correctly)... but it was incredibly light. But once I popped that sucker on my cup and watched what was apparently hiding at the bottom mix with the rest and create a beautiful mahogany colour. There is the dark tea I was expecting!

Now on to flavour. And talk about flavour! DAMN. Move over, Dragon Pearls, you just lost your place on the favourites list.
Dark but smooth and silk. Like silk, flowers and honey. Yes, this surprisingly light black tea has a smooth, sweet linger of honey. The jasmine is super light, just the right amount. Mmm-mm!

And if that sounds good, get this... THE SECOND STEEP IS EVEN BETTER!!

This is amazing. AMAZING.
Now, this tea is on web special (and FORTY percent off) so you had better hurry if you want to get your hands on it. HURRY! YOU MUST HAVE THIS TEA!! Or not, more for me!!! HAHA




Happy Steeping,
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!