Friday 27 September 2013

Pumpkin Chai

Pumpkin Chai from DavidsTea
Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies, natural and artificial flavouring
 

Pretty pretty new cup
Ah, yes. The much anticipated PUMPKIN CHAI that every DT fan has been raving about since the announcement of the fall collection. The internet got me incredibly excited about this tea... And when I opened the bag and stuck my nose in there... WOW! This tea smells fucking amazing. I've had this twice now and each time I brewed it for five minutes and six minutes. It's a good time. But the annoying thing is that each time this tea has tasted different... And not like the way it smells.
The first time I got a nice chunk of squash, and so WOW, it tasted exactly like pumpkin pie filling and
I really liked it, it's like autumn was having a party in my mouth. The second time, I must not have gotten any squash because it was much more sweet and almost artificial tasting... the best way I can described it is like tasting the aroma of a fancy pumpkin or apple cinnamon candle (just not waxy), it isn't bad, much better if you make sure you get a piece of squash - yumyum. Just not what I was expecting... But my mum really loved it!



Next I will be trying it brewed extra strong as the DavidsTea Ultimate Pumpkin Chai recipe! I think it will be much better this way... Here we go!


Ultimate Pumpkin Chai recipe from DavidsTea

I am a huge fan of the Starbucks Chai-tea latte, so I was excited to make this....


I used three perfect spoonfuls in one cup of boiled water and let it sit for longer than six minutes, yadda yadda....
Blahhh... I can see how it would be a delightful drink, but I would reduce the amount of milk by a 1/4 cup (I reeaallly don't like that weird taste hot milk gets). Even with two and a HALF teaspoons of brown sugar and a pinch of nutmeg. Or maybe use some cream because 1% milk... eh.

This is a treat that needs tweeking for every individual. But it isn't gross, so, if you have the patience... DO IT!

I prefer it on its own.
But you'll have to decide for yourself.







Happy Steeping!

~K

Sorry this was SO long. And so many pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!