Monday 9 September 2013

Got Tea Stains?

We all have them on our tea cups, pots (and their lids), and the infusers. Sometimes, even the counters.

The dishwasher won't take them off (and the counter won't fit in there), and if their stubborn enough, nor will just dish soap.
But never fear, I have found a way.

Yes. Resolve. It will clean anything that is tea stained.


Before:





After:





For the filter, I filled a small bowl with 1/2 scoop of Resolve and some hot water, inside the filter, I put the other half and let it soak in the bowl. It soaked for about 5 minutes, then I gave it a good scrub with the little pellet things IN the resolve with my fingers. Wham bam thank you ma'am all clean!

For the tea pot lid, I put a scoop in the indent in the middle with some hot water, grabbed an old toothbrush, and gave it a nice brushing.

Then, because you DON'T want to risk eating any of the Resolve, stick it in the dishwasher. Mine are chilling there right now, getting a good scrub.

Happy cleaning!

-L

EDIT:

Some people do say to embrace your staines and only wash with hot water, but I find too much stain leave things a little bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!