Friday 13 September 2013

Dragon Pearls

Dragon Pearls
From DavidsTea

Chinese green tea from Zhejiang Province, scented with jasmine flowers.


Yup, that's all it is! Beautiful green tea! No added stuffs. Ooooo


Cute little tea pot.
This is probably my favourite tea (so far anyway... dun dun duunnnn). It was also the first tea that I ever bought from DavidsTea several years ago for my mum as a birthday present and she insisted I share a cup with her. It has stuck with me ever since, even though (gasp, a but is coming) it's pretty damn expensive. ($27 for 100 grams - HOLY SHIT) booo

Now, I love green tea. I think I get it from my dad (I totally do). Seriously, he named our dog after his favourite tea; Jasmine (I shit you not!). And this reminds me so much of his special stash of tea. So, whenever I drink it I get a little sad, but also a lot happy - so please forgive my blathering. Here's to you, daddy. Skål!

Ahem!! As I was saying.... I love green tea. But, that bitterness that can cling to your tongue if you don't brew it just right can kill it for me. It takes a LOT to get that nasty-ness from this tea, but still... FOLLOW THE DIRECTONS FOR THIS TEA. If you're one of those strong green tea weirdos that I just can't, for the life of me, understand... still try four minutes first (of the recommended 3-4). Don't ruin a good (and expensive) thing. I used my awesomely adorable cast iron teapot that I got from my boyfriend's dad for Christmas a few years back to steep, it did a lovely job! I love green tea steeped in cast iron, it just...works!



The tree in the background makes it look darker than it really is.

Don't let the lightness of the tea deceive you, it still has flavour. And it is a GREAT flavour! The green with the sneaky hint of jasmine blossoms (not crazy powerful like Silk Dragon). It's simple, so simple... but heavenly. I would say this is the perfect any-time tea, but -again- it's just too damn expensive, so it's more of an indulgence for me. But if you can afford it... I hate you, Mr/Ms/Mrs Moneybags, you just go away.....

Anyways! Love this tea. Love love love it


INDULGE! do eet... dooo eeet

 

Happy Steeping!

-K





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!