Friday 30 August 2013

Rose Congou Green

"Rose Congou Green"
by DavidsTea
Ingredients: green tea, rosehips, rose petals, natural and artificial flavouring.


Read the ingredients and you get what you read! Roses, roses, roses!

I opened my little sample packet and BOOM! It was like being smacked in the nostrils with a bouquet of roses, or sprayed in the face with rose water. It smells... romantic! (Please note that being smacked in the face with roses is NOT -I repeat NOT- romantic! ... Unless you're into that kind of kink, then... go for it?) It looks quite pretty too (the tea contents anyway), and you actually get a good helping of rose petals, which look rather lovely -though slightly mangled- as they rehydrate.


As for the taste (which is probably all you readers really give a crap about anyways)...I was slightly nervous about that first taste. Mostly because this tea kind of looks... well, like pee. Well, let me tell you, it does not taste like piss. Oh no! On first sip I found myself reminiscing about miso soup. Uhh, that can't be right. Let's try that again...

Oh, yes! Rose water. Elegant rose water. Like something you would imagine a beautiful and delicate geisha sipping at from a teeny tiny cup. Not exactly the mighty flower samurai flavour I expected at all. No, but it is a lovely -and incredibly simple- green with a nice, light twist.

The only thing that keeps coming to mind is rose water. Rose water with just the slightest hint at the back of the tongue of that bitter yumminess of green.
This would be amazing with sushi!! =D

Nothing terribly silly to say... This is a delicate little tea that has me floating across the Pacific  to the peaceful mountains of Japan. (Is this green even Japanese?!) Very zen. And rosey.

Did I make myself clear? Rooooooses! Okay



Happy Steeping!

-K


I need to stop writing so much....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, or suggestions!